Few questions involving your mod.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Few questions involving your mod.

Post  TheGreatLord on Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:25 am

I know that the completion of the mod is tedious and long though I was wondering if you just had plans on releasing a few civs at a time with one or two maps in beta forms while working for the finalized version at the same time along, it'll give us something to thirst on while waiting.

In terms of Naval Combat, have you been able to edit how ships fire during battle? Not just the typical cannon after cannon firing but having it deliver broadside attacks with using a ship of the line with three decks of cannons?' Would we see more maps focusing on the use of naval combat than just land combat?

How has the importance of using formations affected the overall gameplay of this mod in general? Is it hard because of balancing issues and bugs or glitches? Has there been any type of problems that your unable to fully solve as of right now?

Is there a thought of having units kneeling and firing during combat?

Would an online feature be within this mod as well?

Otherwise, keep up the good work, I should be looking at this mod much closely.

TheGreatLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Few questions involving your mod.

Post  Jack on Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:13 pm

The last i heard they were coming up with a demo,i dont know when though.

"Here's a hint about the soon-coming demo for the Revolutions mod: the topic of the first picture, and the soldiers and the year in General's picture. And it's a hypothetical scenario too."

ProvostGuard posted this on the clandestine boards along with a poem and 1 pic of a soon to come scenario for the demo of AOE3:Revolutions.

Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ProvostGuard on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:09 pm

I know that the completion of the mod is tedious and long though I was wondering if you just had plans on releasing a few civs at a time with one or two maps in beta forms while working for the finalized version at the same time along, it'll give us something to thirst on while waiting.

I planned to over the summer, but things came up. Sad Senior year in high school has also been extraordinarily difficult, with college apps, projects, and test after test after test. My school is a college prep school, supposedly the fourth-best public school in the United States, and many of the students that have graduated said college was much easier. I can hope.

Sometime, a beta version will be given to the mod members for testing and feedback. Afterwards, it'll be open for everyone else. I plan to include the US and UK in the first installment with several scenarios (some involving other countries).

In terms of Naval Combat, have you been able to edit how ships fire during battle? Not just the typical cannon after cannon firing but having it deliver broadside attacks with using a ship of the line with three decks of cannons?' Would we see more maps focusing on the use of naval combat than just land combat?

I'm not sure it is possible to incorporate what you have described. So far, ships work much the same as they did in the original AoE, though they're much slower and have farther firing ranges. One of the said-scenarios I've been working on is Hampton Roads, which almost forces the player to use ships.

How has the importance of using formations affected the overall gameplay of this mod in general? Is it hard because of balancing issues and bugs or glitches? Has there been any type of problems that your unable to fully solve as of right now?

Formations are extremely difficult to incorporate. The problem that has been bugging me is having the AI use them, which hopefully not impossible to do. In addition, due to limited animations, units load and fire much faster than they do in real life. Decreasing the animation speed will make everything look like it is in slow motion.

I spent the better part of my weekend trying to figure out how to get one line of units to kneel and another to stand, to no avail. I've had plenty of crazy ideas that are impossible to put into practice.

I don't know yet. Hopefully.

Thanks.
ProvostGuard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 pm

TheGreatLord wrote:I know that the completion of the mod is tedious and long though I was wondering if you just had plans on releasing a few civs at a time with one or two maps in beta forms while working for the finalized version at the same time along, it'll give us something to thirst on while waiting.

Otherwise for now we can feed on new screenshots and infomation about the mod.

Jack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top